Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Not a good day

Well, this is my first official post. To be honest, I'm still not sure how I feel about doing this blog. I don't mind talking about my struggles, and sometimes I think it helps. Through my journey I have already met several friends with similar struggles, so I know there are several others out there. I have received so much support from my friends and family. I'm not sure I could do this without them. I hope this blog helps others out there. I feel like this is a subject that some people shy away from talking about, and I completely understand. In my case, at this point in my life, I feel like it's best for me to share my story.
Today I went to the doctor for what would have been my first ob appointment for my 4th pregnancy. I had a better feeling about this pregnancy, and had reasons to feel this way. My hcg was higher than it had ever been, and I had started to feel some symptoms. I was very nervous for my first appointment. He wanted to see me early due to my history, today I would have been 6 weeks. During the appointment he did an ultrasound, and he couldn't find anything. This is exactly what happened with my first pregnancy as well. So for the second time I am sitting at home waiting to have a miscarriage, which I have to say is a strange feeling. I have pretty much had every lab test under the sun, and not much has turned up. So far, the only thing is I am positive for MTHFR, which in my case doesn't really mean much. I just take a special prenatal vitamin. There is one test left to due, which I was planning on doing after the first of the year, but since I had become pregnant again, I put it off. I suppose I will be doing it shortly and hopefully making a trip to see the fertility doctors in town, who I have heard very good things about. I know this terrible feelings will be replaced by joy one day, but until then, I just try and live day to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment